Troubleshoot Furnace Issues in Marysville, Everett, Lake Stevens, WA and Surrounding Areas
Balance Point Cooling & Heating
A furnace is essential for survival and comfort in the chilly winter months. We would still be huddling around wood fires without it to keep warm. Furnaces require regular expert maintenance to operate effectively and robustly. Contact Us Today to troubleshoot furnace issues in Marysville, Everett, Lake Stevens, WA, and surrounding areas.
Troubleshooting A Furnace
Before you call in the experts, try troubleshooting furnace issues if your furnace is acting up or won’t turn on.
- Inspect the furnace filter: Checking the air filter should be your priority. The filter can quickly become clogged with dirt and dust, obstructing airflow, degrading indoor air quality, and in some circumstances, even preventing the furnace from turning on.
- Verify the thermostat: Check the thermostat after ensuring the furnace filter is in place and clean. Ensure that hot is selected, and try raising the temperature by at least 5 degrees from the surroundings. If required, replace the batteries in the thermostat.
- Check the furnace switch: Examine the furnace switch close to the furnace. You could have unintentionally turned it off. Attempt turning it back on.
- Verify the flame in the furnace: The flame in the furnace should be a healthy shade of blue, perhaps with a tiny hint of yellow at the tip. Your gas furnace burns the fuel safely and effectively if the flame is blue.
- Pilot light and gas valve: You will need to relight the furnace if you check the flame and it has gone out. You can relight the pilot independently, but you should exercise additional caution and refer to your owner’s manual for the proper procedures.
- Ensure that vent is open and unobstructed: Your rooms aren’t adequately heated or ventilated even when your furnace is working. Check all of the supply and return grilles in your house.